Wednesday 5 June 2013

Wonderful Wednesday ♥ Beijing

The joys of completing an English degree is that whilst everyone else is doing exams, you've already lost most of your mind writing 20,000 words. My sleep-deprived deadline day fell a week into an already early exam timetable and I decided to resist the urge to curl up into the fetal position and weep, for the slightly more desirable option of running away for a month.

I'd saved up some money so I booked myself on a tour with a group called G Adventures, took a lot of anti-anxiety pills and got on a plane to Beijing! It was pretty intense; the smog, the crowds, the lack of Westernized toilets. It was also an absolutely phenomenal experience. I'm lucky enough to have been a couple of amazing holidays, but this was my first time "travelling". I ended up going up from one end of the country to the other via the joy of overnight trains and meeting some beautiful people and experiencing some crazy things.

I thought I'd give you a little glimpse of Beijing, and warn you that there will probably be more photo-heavy posts as I wade through the stacks on my memory card. Hope you enjoy! x

Photos of Chinese Culture

Outside the Forbidden City Beijing
Edible Starfish, Scorpions and SeahorsesTiantan ParkBeef, Dumpling and VegetablesOriental Building Houses StarbucksThe Great Wall of ChinaOriental Rooftops Beijing
   

No comments:

Post a Comment