Tuesday 5 June 2012

Cupcake Fresh Face Mask


I have been on a recent skincare kick, trying desperately to make up for the damage I caused as a teenager, and I decided to try out some face masks. I read about Lush Face Mask Pots here and was drawn to the fact that they come in pots rather than sachets. Plus, as a blogger I feel like a bit of an outsider due to the fact that I am (sort-of) a Lush virgin. I have used gift sets and bought presents from there but have never purposely purchased something for myself.

After a hectic day at work I popped into Lush before it closed, having convinced myself I deserved a treat. I don’t think my store had the full range and from the 6 they had (on ice, very cute) Cosmetic Warrior and Cupcake seemed like they would be most beneficial. I don’t know about you (leave a comment if you have used it?) but the idea of sitting with the garlic smell of Cosmetic warrior didn’t seem like a treat to me, so Cupcake won out.

It smells exactly like chocolate, and when putting it on your face it is a bit like rubbing cake mix on your face. When I first saw it I questioned how on earth It Is All About Creativity thought you could get 5 uses out of it, having already used it 3 times I am confident you could actually get more. It applies really well, its not too smooth but it doesn’t pull at your skin and it dries into a complete mask within a minute or so.

You wash it off after 10 minutes and it comes off in teeny tiny pieces so I like to think I am exfoliating my skin as well. I found my skin to be smooth, but also slightly dryer if that is possible. I accidentally left it out the fridge one night (eek) and found that when I used it warm it was less effective at cleansing my skin but still made it feel soft.

The only off putting thing about them is that because they are natural they have a relatively short expiration date. At £5.75 they are reasonably priced, but how many face masks do you actually have time for in 3 weeks? I live with all male housemates so they weren’t keen to share with me, next time I'm having 'the girls' over I'll definitely get one of these in though.

I’m thinking of trying out the Lettuce one next, can anyone recommend it?

this date label freaked me out a little when I first saw it.

3 comments:

  1. Yum! That definitely looks like something I'd want to eat rather than rub all over my face, lol! I love Lush, the shops always smell amazing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is my fav face mask my lush! Love!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been wanting to try this!! I am a new GFC follower through the BLT blog hop!

    http://thelacquerfactor.com

    ReplyDelete