Friday 27 July 2012

Freebie Friday | Freebie BB

Since the recent explosion of BB Creams into the UK make-up world every company has bought their own out which means an abundance of accessible samples. The three that appeared on my radar were Maybelline Dream Fresh BB, L’Oreal Revitalift 10 Repair BB Cream and Garnier Miracle Skin Perfector. Each company sent out 3 sachets of product storing between 1-2ml each (more than enough to cover your face in each circumstance).

With L’Oreal Revitalift I didn’t check the shade of the sample before putting it on, presuming I had requested the lightest shade and was shocked at how dark it (Medium Tinted) was. I do have fair skin but this was like applying facepaint so I threw the other samples out. It did apply fairly easily but ends up drying into the skin; I’m unsure if you can see from the photo but when applied to the back of my hand it went quite patchy and actually peeled in places. It does contain SPF 20, which puts it above the Garnier product in terms of protection, but below the Maybelline one.


Maybelline Dream Fresh has SPF 30 which is pretty good, but it don’t know if working towards this coverage has affected the consistency in any way as it is different to the other two, it’s incredibly watery this makes it hard to blend without spreading it too much. However, if you used small amounts to add to your natural glow I think this would work well. It makes the skin look dewy but not overly so. It says it’s an 8-in-1 product but I think this is its main attribute.

Garnier is the least liquidy of the 3 which could possibly be why it is my favourite, as I find the concentration makes it easier to work with. It would make a good base, or give a light coverage if you already have lovely skin. I used the ‘Light’ shade of this, and unfortunately I do think it’s still a bit dark for me. I find that all the creams have a light fresh scent and this is strongest with the Garnier product which could put some people off, but is something I find quite enjoyable.

Overall I think BB creams are something that represent different things to different people; whilst I think that the Garnier Miracle Skin Perfector is the best product I would be reluctant to buy a full size bottle as it creates a dewy effect and I’m very much a matte girl. If I had a long time to prep my make I might consider using Maybelline Dream Fresh as its final finish is nice and natural, however, if I’m in a rush it’s not going to make my morning routine any easier. The only one I won’t be in a hurry to try again is the L’Oreal version, however I did notice today they do have another version L’Oreal Nude Magique which perhaps I might get on better with..

You can get your own samples using these links; L’Oreal Magique Sample or try L'Oreal Revitalift,

3 comments:

  1. I didn't like the Garnier BB cream, I found it just didn't give any coverage at all xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really want to try a BB cream but i'm just not sure what to go for, there are so many different blog posts with lots of different ones and my heads in a frazzle! Going to pop into Boots tomorrow and just grab one i think! x

    http://laurenjadem.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's probably for the best, they seem to be so dependent on peoples individual skin types and experiences. The only think I think is consistent between all of them is that anything above pale/light is really quite dark. xx

      Delete